pub

sábado, junho 03, 2006

"Ser astronauta... e voar"...

A night in the world of “Wonderland”… that’s walking around with Telmo…

He’s a gifted lad… he is smart, sensitive, good friend and an artist… and he’s a looney… a free young man, prisoner of this insanity around… this disconnected world…

I went to see him in his new place of work. He has hanged around bakeries and pubs. Now he’s on a coffee shop.

(me and Telmo- this night - in front of the coffee shop where he works now)


We went to his home (his mother and step father’s home). Then we went to Tuy and walked a bit on the night environment. This person has such an easiness to make friends; he’s so pure and given to give… and – still – he’s not adapted… he’s one of that crescent group of young people who do not believe on the values their predecessors try to pass them – without deeds – just with words and rules…

Walking with this gentle soul, with all his way to be different, is to question so much the world in which we make concessions to deal with each day. In which we don’t embrace life until life finally drops us. Is to question the direction my life takes in each moment I detach myself from being who I am… I have part of the responsibility to destroy lives as these using my truth as a lie…

I am part of the example of non fulfillness that leads to disappointment and revolt on our youngsters. I am the illusion that guards their way in to freedom. I am the spoil in the eye that keeps people from seeing…

But – now – I want to change.

Now I want to be as the song says, to dream again and become an “astronaut” and to fly; to wake up, put the feet on the ground, take the first clothes at hand and go. To cry in front of those I love when I feel pain;

Eu queria ser astronauta (I wanted to be an austronaut)
o meu país não deixou
(my country didn't let me)
Depois quis ir jogar á bola
(after I wanted to play football)
A minha mãe não deixou (my mother didn't let me)
Tive vontade de voltar á escola (Ihad desire to return to school)
Mas o doutor não deixou
(but the doctor didn't let me)
Fechei os olhos e tentei dormir (closed my eyes and tried to sleep)
Aquela dor não deixou
(that pain didn't let me)

Ó meu anjo da guarda (oh my guardian angel)
Faz-me voltar a sonhar
(make me dream again)
Faz-me ser astronauta e voar
(make me become an astronaut and fly)

O meu quarto é o meu mundo (my bedroom is my world)
O ecrãn é a janela
(the screen is the window)
Não choro em frente á minha mãe
(I don't cry in front of my mother)
Eu que gosto tanto dela
(me who loves her so much)
Mas esta dor não quer desaparecer
(but this pain doesn't want to go away)
Vai-me levar com ela
(it will take me with it)

Ó meu anjo da guarda (oh my guardian angel)
faz-me voltar a sonhar
(make me dream again)
Faz-me ser astronauta e voar
(make me become an astronaut and fly)

Acordar, meter os pés no chão (waking up, put the feet on the floor)
Levantar, pegar no que tens mais à mão
(getting up, taking what's closer at hand)
Voltar a rir,voltar a andar
(return to laugh, return to walk)
Voltar Voltar
(return, return)
Voltarei
(I will return)
Voltarei
(I will return)
Voltarei
(I will return)
Voltarei
(I will return)

Voar, Tim (xutos e pontapés)

This is the way to free the world – to be, to feel, to do – what I really am.
Any excuse it’s a lie – with them, beautiful souls have to cry and be twisted by the majority of us whom stay in the shades. I want to light up the Sun in me… will you join?

Sem comentários: